Monday, September 26, 2011

September Again!

Well, the first day back to school was a success! I was super nervous last night and this morning about my step-aerobics class... I thought I wouldn't get to class on time, I wouldn't be able to find the locker room, I would have a horrid teacher, the class would be crowded, being the only bigger girl in the class, etc etc.

Truth is though, I didn't get there late, I found the locker room just fine, the instructor is fantastic, and to my surprise (and slight relief), most of the people in the class seemed to be in similar situations to mine. They all seemed to be looking for a place and means to exercise and get in better shape, in a way that would keep them accountable.

How perfect was that?

I can't wait to go back again on Wednesday. Everyone was so positive, and I had a great time. I sweated a ton, which surprisingly didn't bother me nearly as much as sweating usually does. Shocking, I know!! I think its because I knew I would be able to shower immediately after class.

The other, very unexpected thing that I enjoyed about my class was that we not only did step, but we also spent a small portion of time focusing on abs, and we will be doing little bits of resistance training, weight training, and other things during the course of the term. This is great since I need to work out my WHOLE body!

Oh yeah, and the best part about the class? The movements involve my arms so they will FINALLY start to get toned again! Super!!

No comments:

Post a Comment