Thursday, November 17, 2011

Old Clothes

Today I have been going through my closet and pulling out all my clothes that I haven't worn in the last several months. I have pulled stuff from this summer, last school year, and even from before that. I grabbed things that are too bright to wear now, dresses that I dont even know why I bought. Some of the clothes I wore probably on a weekly basis. Some of the items I hardly wore at all.

While searching for more and more to get rid of, I was thinking about how much of a relief it was to see some of my larger sized items, and to just get rid of them. I had been holding onto a lot of things that at the time were great finds, like my shorts, and not wanting to get rid of them for the sake of their initial cost, and just in case I stayed the size I am.

But the reality of it is, I never want to be that size again. There is no going back up. It simply is not an option. So with this stack of lovely items in my hand, I tossed them into my giant "going away" back. It felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

Now, the main reason I am writing this post is because during my clothing purge, I came across a pair of old jeans that I bought probably 2 years ago. I haven't actually worn them in over a year. Curious, I decided to try them on, and what a surprise I recieved! They fit!! Not only did they fit, but there was a little extra room in the waist, and they are actually comfortable on my thighs.

This is especially significant because I honestly have been having a really difficult time with my journey these past few weeks. I have been eating terribly, not exercising nearly as much as I ought to, and not drinking as much water as I should. I felt like I was getting fatter, despite the fact that the scale says I'm maintaining. It is just frustrating to feel so gross with myself because of my poor eating habits, and to feel like I'm failing.

Being able to put on these jeans today was proof to myself that I'm not failing, and that I'm still doing better than I was 3 months ago. Its been a long journey so far, and a tough one, but I weigh 20 pounds less than I did at the beginning of August, and I can't wait to see more weight fall off, and to see myself become a healthy person.

I really hope that each of you, even if you aren't struggling with weight, takes the time to go through your closet when you have a spare moment. Get rid of the things you don't wear anymore. Get rid of the things that are rugged and worn out. And especially get rid of anything that doesn't fit because if its too big, you don't ever want to have to wear it again, and if its too small, you are going to want new things once you get that size again. Just get rid of it! You will feel so much better, and who knows, you might find some treasures like I did.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment