Monday, March 5, 2012

Healthy Choices

So I'm still not on a one-hundred percent "healthy" lifestyle as of yet, however, I was thinking earlier about the food choices I've made in the last couple days, and there are things I have done that I am actually kind of proud of and a teensie but excited about.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a fan of my vegetables. I don't like to eat them. I think they are boring. And I hate feeling like I'm eating a plant instead of food (ignore the fact that they are plants). So the fact that in the last couple days I have consciously made the choices to eat vegetables is a big positive thing for me.

I went to Subway while at work the other day and got a 6" Turkey.. and for whatever the reason, I ended up added not only my boring old lettuce and the occasional tomato, but I opted for a pile of onions and peperoncinis. This was all after I purchased a bag of carrots and an apple on my way to work and had eaten several carrots in the car.

Then to add on, today I was out with a couple friends and we grabbed lunch at this new-to-us restaurant, and I got a burger that was loaded with pico de gallo, avocado, lettuce, and instead of fries on the side, I got fruit. And for the record, that burger was THE BEST burger I have ever had.

Finally, at work tonight, I was on break and decided to pull out my carrots and ate a ton of them. I actually wanted them instead of the girl scout cookies on the table.

I am really proud of myself because I have been definitely trying to eat better and I  know that incorporating the fresh fruits and vegetables is an important part of that. I want to train myself to crave them instead of the normal crap food I eat.  I am also pleased with myself for trying things that weren't necessarily new, but for being open to experience the tastes again before making a final judgement on their flavor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment